We are incredibly proud of our strong Catholic ethos and special family atmosphere which permeates all that we do in our school. We recognise that every child is unique, and value each one as an individual, providing them with a secure and friendly learning environment in which they are nurtured and encouraged to develop their own skills and talents.
Our school values of respect, friendship, courage and creativity underpin everything we do and ensure the development of the holistic child. Learning is at the heart of our school and we aim to foster in our children a real love for learning. We strongly believe in the importance of everyone within the school community being a lifelong learner.
We believe that a creative, skills-based, broad and balanced curriculum should be unique to our school and aim to:
- develop confident learners for life who are able to embrace new challenges and experiences;
- inspire and engage all children, promoting a positive attitude towards learning;
- ensure the best possible progress and the highest attainment for all children;
- enable children to acquire and develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and understanding;
- meet the needs of all individuals, by focusing on personalised learning and using Assessment for Learning to inform the ways in which children learn and are taught;
- provide a range of relevant learning experiences that challenge, stimulate and promote thinking and independence in learning;
- promote spiritual, moral, social, cultural, mental and physical development;
- enable children to be creative and to develop their own thinking skills;
- help children to respond positively to challenge and persevere in order to solve problems;
- develop the capacity of children to learn and work independently and collaboratively;
- enable children to take their place as responsible citizens in society, with the life skills necessary for them to be successful;
- ensure children have respect for themselves and empathy for others;
- raise aspirations and develop ambition within all children;
- prepare children for the transition between key stages and the next stage of their education. We aim to deliver a curriculum which is enriched by experiences outside of the classroom, in the wider environment and in the local community.
To find out more about our curriculum, please visit our curriculum subjects' pages.
Our year group pages contain:
- Curriculum guidelines for that year group
- Termly overview grids for that year group