Home Learning Additional Resources
Click on the links below to access additional printable resources
YEAR 3 (All resources available on Google Classroom)
YEAR 4 (All resources available on Google Classroom)
YEAR 5 (All resources available on Google Classroom)
YEAR 6 (All resources available on Google Classroom)
HOME LEARNING RESOURCES
Guidance for Online Learning at Home
Online Home Learning Guidelines for Parents and Carers
- Make sure your child understands and is aware of the pupil guidelines
- Answer the phone to school staff or return calls, messages or emails. Staff may call from withheld number
- Supervise your child’s internet use and online learning – make sure you are aware of what they have been asked to do and the websites they need to access.
- Make sure you know who your child is talking to or messaging.
- If a member of staff calls to speak to your children – check that you know who they are, speak to the member of staff yourself before your child talks to them, stay in the room while your child is on the phone.
Guidelines for All Video Calls and Video lessons
- The parent or carer must make sure their child and other members of the household are aware the video call is happening,
- Staff, children and other members of the household must wear suitable clothing
- Devices used should be in appropriate areas, for example, not in bedrooms; and where possible be against a neutral background.
- Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
- The same expectations apply for remote teaching and conversations as normal school conduct
- Staff will only ever video call a pupil with prior agreement with parents and the head teacher or deputy. This will always be at a pre-arranged time. The times of all video calls and lessons will be published on google classroom or the school jotter app and logged.
- Parents will need to appear on screen at the start of the lesson to confirm they give consent for their child to be part of the group conversation.
- Wherever possible ‘live’ classes will be recorded and stored on google drive so that if any issues were to arise, the video can be reviewed. Parents and children will be asked to confirm they are aware of this and give consent at the start of each session.
Group Video Lessons
- These will be group conversations only or webinar
- If your child takes part in a group video conversation, they can be seen by the teacher and other pupils (and members of their household) that are part of the conversation
- Parents will need to give consent for their child to be part of a group video lesson
- Parents will need to appear on screen at the start of the lesson to confirm they give consent for their child to be part of the group conversation
- If the teacher has any concerns about children (or other members of the household) using unsuitable language, dress, location, the conversation will be ended and concerns will be recorded and passed to the head teacher or deputy head
- Live classes should be kept to a reasonable length of time and should take place during normal lesson times.
1:1 Video Conversations:
- Staff will only ever video call a pupil with prior agreement with parents and the head teacher or deputy head.
- This will be at a pre-arranged time and day.
- The staff member will speak first with the parent or carer to check they are aware of the call. The parent or carer must stay in the room.